Cinema goers are used to being spoilt by lots of special effects and enormous film budgets. To provide top quality production, each member of the crew must be really important. Sometimes we don’t even pay attention to details that really matter for the final product. All we see is a sequence of scenes, particular visualisations and special effects. The truth is they all require a lot of effort and time, sometimes even months of work.
It’s just incredible. So much time for a film lasting 90 minutes. If you would like to see how some of the biggest movie productions were made, you must see the gallery below.
#1 Arranging models for Corpse Bride (2005)
#2 This is how the legendary Star Wars opening scene was shot
#3 For each close-up, a model of the ring of this size was used. Lord of the Rings – The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
#4 Steven Spielberg in the jaws of Bruce, the dummy shark used in Jaws animations (1975)
#5 Kenny Baker as R2D2 during lunch break. Star Wars. A New Hope (1977)
#6 Adam Savage (you might have seen him in MythBusters) working on models to be used in Star Wars 1 and 2
#7 While shooting Jurassic Park, a real-size T-Rex was built. Later on it was also animated
#8 Bolaji Badejo, a student from Nigeria, starring as an alien. The part was exhausting because his costume was made of latex and made it really difficult for him to breathe. Alien 3, (1992)
#9 E.T (1982) To shoot the legendary scene , Steven Spielberg covered the camera with a white cloth with two holes
#10 Face/off (1997) A dummy of John Travolta’s corpse, used in the scene when his face was taken off
#11 Space Odyssey (1986) For the scene with the floating pen, Stanley Kubrick instructed the crew how to glue a pen to a huge windowpane which, while rotated, created the illusion of a flying object
#12 The Hunt for The Red October (1990)
#13 The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014) Director Wes Anderson gives some instructions to Ralph Fiennes looking through the train window
#14 Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (1989) For the bee-riding scene, a huge mechanical insect-model was used
#15 Goldfinger. Illusion of the laser cutting the table in the famous Goldfinger was… not illusion at all. We guess the nervous look on Sean Connery’s face must have had some good reasons. To film it, there was an F/X technician under the table with an acetylene torch cutting the table from underneath
#16 Stanley Kubrick while shooting the famous maze scene in Shining (1980)
#17 Men In Black (1997)
#18 Raise the Titanic! (1980) 17-metre long model of the ship pulled by a diver on location
#19 Independence Day (1996) The biggest box-office hit of 1996 was in 80% based on models. The other 20% that’s special effects
#20. Terminator 2. Judgement Day (1991)
#21 True Lies (1994) The helicopter scene called for the support of the US government who sent 3 Marine Harriers planes and pilots. The entire cost of the scene was 100,736 dollars!
#22 Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984). This is how the plane crash scene was shot