Washing curtains is quite a challenge. Everyone wants them to look their best and keep their white color. What to add to the washing of curtains to make them white? You can find the right specifics in the kitchen.
#How to Whiten Curtains?
Curtains will regain their pristine whiteness when you decide to soak them before washing. This is a very good patent to give a second life to curtains yellowed by sunlight, among other things. On the other hand, substances with bleaching properties can be found in your kitchen.
#What to Soak Curtains in to Restore Their White Color?
- Pour about 5-7 tablespoons of salt into 1.3 gallons of water. Soak your curtains in such a whitening rinse for about half an hour. Later wash them according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Lemon juice or citric acid will help remove stubborn yellow discoloration. In addition, it will refresh the curtains and make them smell nice.
- Pour water into a bathtub and add 17oz of baking soda. Soak your curtains in the solution for several hours. On the other hand, if you have little time, you can add baking soda directly to the compartment in the washing machine. It will whiten the fabrics and further soften them.
- Pour half a cup of vinegar into 2.6 gallons of water and pour in 4 tablespoons of salt. In this mixture soak the curtains for several hours. It is especially recommended for curtains made of artificial fabrics. All because vinegar and salt show anti-static properties and prevent electrification of the material.
- You will also achieve good whitening results by soaking curtains in baking powder. For 1.3 gallons of water, one packet of powder is easily enough.
#Aspirin for Washing Curtains.
Add 4-5 tablets of aspirin to water. Soak your curtains in that water, and then wash them normally in the washing machine. You can ordinary aspirin, dissolve 2 tablets of Aspirin tablets.
If you get down to bleaching the curtains from the kitchen, first soak them in dishwashing liquid. All this to get rid of grease and sediment from the fabric.