Garden path is an extremely important element. It makes walking among the plants even more pleasant. See how to make a concrete path in the garden.
If you have the soul of a do-it-yourselfer and like all kinds of manual work, then making a charming path in you backyard for yourself, should be your kind of thing. Original and unique, certainly will spark the admiration of neighbors and friends. You will have the satisfaction of having done a near masterpiece with your own hands.
The First Way to Make Sidewalk Tiles
- pour one part of cement and 3 parts of sand into a plastic bucket. Then pour in the water and mix everything thoroughly until you get a compact structure.
- Later, pour part of the concrete into the bottom of the second plastic bucket. Put a wire grid and cover the whole thing with concrete. Level everything thoroughly and shake the bucket to get rid of air bubbles.
- Then be patient and wait 3 days. The concrete must harden by then.
- After 3 days you can already take your first sidewalk tile out of the bucket.
The Second Way to Make Sidewalk Tiles
- If you want to get more tiles at one time or you want them to have different diameters, then take a plastic pot.
- Cut it so that you get several hoops. Their thickness depends entirely on your preference. Then fill them with concrete and wait until it has completely set.
- After 3 days, take out your next round paving tiles.
In the backyard, prepare a place where the concrete path will run. Island sand on it and start laying your tiles. Their specific arrangement depends only on your imagination and ingenuity. The most important thing is that they should all be at the same height (you must walk on them well and comfortably). A layer of sand will help to adjust the height accordingly.
You can pound the tiles into the sand with a rubber mallet. It is ideal for this purpose. Finally, spill the gaps between the tiles with soil and sow grass on them. When it grows the tiles will look like they are even blended into the lawn.
Making a concrete path in the backyard isn’t that difficult, when you get all the clues first.